Wednesday, June 1, 2011

c'mon perry, it's time to go home.

It's about 10pm here. I've got about 3 hours until we are being picked up in the big green bus again to leave for the airport. I figured I better post before I still have some composure and am not bouncing off the walls.

Where do I even start..

I am so glad I did this. I do not have one regret about coming to Ukraine. If I could rewind, I would do it again. Being away has made me appreciate everything about home but I don't want to go off on about all of the comforts I left of to come live here for 5 months... You know. Everything is SO different and I have fallen in love. Everything about this country is so ironic and unexpected. Like on my way home, a random fire started at the bus stop. No one really cared. lol

I have changed. I met some of the most amazing people. I have jumped over the edge, knowing nothing of the fall. I had no idea what was to come. I can't really describe how amazing this whole experience has been. Good and bad. I'm glad it happened. I had this wonderful opportunity to really learn what service is. I am so greatful for it. I learned about myself and I have seen God's hand in my life every day. I am not sure of where I would have been if I had not come to Ukraine. It has been such a blessing. I realized about the second week I was here that, this is not chance. We are all here, at this time, with these particular people for a reason.

We did it.

The tears, the stress, the sickness, and missing home was all worth it.

Thank you to my group for putting up with me, everyday for the past 5 months. They are troopers. We have turned into some weird kind of family. I don't know what its going to be like not seeing them everyday. We are all SO different but it is so wonderful at the same time.I'll miss them.

Graduating and leaving high school is hard. Moving away to college is hard. Leaving boyfriends at the airport is hard. Saying goodbye to your best friends is hard. I can honestly say that none of those compare to what I am feeling right now. It never really hit me until I had to start saying goodbye.  Leaving this country and my kids is possibly the hardest thing I've done thus far.
But I'm ready.

I am more nervous about going home than I was coming here I think. I can't believe its actually happening.

I can't get too sentimental or else I'll start to cry. I'm about to go say goodbye to my best friend until I get to see her in July. Katroosa- you are my rock.

It is time. I'm so excited. My bags are packed. I'm shaking with excitement. 
Well kids, 
It's been fun. 



до свидания. Я люблю Україна!

No comments:

Post a Comment